Our fearless leader Liesl Bernard was recently a guest on the Benzinga Cannabis Hour, a weekly online show focused on the latest news and business trends in the cannabis industry. Liesl’s episode of the Cannabis Hour was hosted by industry experts Tony Noto, Benzinga’s Cannabis Editor, and Javier Hasse, Benzinga’s Managing Director of Cannabis. Each week, the Benzinga Cannabis Hour brings together top executives, entrepreneurs and experts in the cannabis industry.
Liesl was invited to be a guest on the Benzinga show due to her extensive experience in executive search and placement and her insight on cannabis employment in the midst of a global pandemic.
“It is really exciting to see that even during this economic downturn, salaries are increasing in the cannabis industry and there are a lot of cannabis jobs being created,” Liesl begins. “I feel really blessed to be part of this industry at this time.”
Liesl, Tony and Javier go on to discuss a variety of topics related to the cannabis job market:
- CannabizTeam’s role in the cannabis industry and how this role has evolved during the pandemic
- How the pandemic has impacted the industry as a whole and why cannabis staffing needs have changed in 2020
- Pros and cons of temporary staffing vs. direct hire in the cannabis industry
- High demand positions and talent trends this year
- Transitioning from more mainstream industries into a job in the cannabis space
- Using CannabizTeam’s comprehensive Salary Guide as a tool for both employers and employees
Tony asks Liesl the following question to wrap up her interview: “What’s the most exciting aspect of the industry for you moving forward into 2021, and what’s your advice for anyone looking to the cannabis space for employment?”
To watch the episode for yourself, visit: https://youtu.be/vE4n-0jbHHQ.
If you’re looking to learn more about employment in cannabis or cannabis staffing, reach out to our team of experts today.