Our client, a Pennsylvania Cannabis producer, is seeking a Controller who will oversee accounting processes, financial transactions, standard costing, and financial reporting functions for their operations.
In this position, you will report directly to the CFO and partner with the leadership team to ensure accuracy of periodic results and develop and monitor the internal controls needed. The controller will work with FP&A to analyze variances and develop actions to improve accuracy and margins.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development Accounting/Finance department to handle AP, AR, Payroll, and GAAP financial reporting
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions and internal controls
- Lead fixed asset accounting
- Implement best practices to manage physical control of local site inventory using cycle count procedures
- Cost model build out for product development
- Manages standard costing and investigates all variances to ensure proper inventory valuation and allocation/management of costs
- Leads fixed asset accounting·
- Works closely with corporate compliance to insure accounting SOPs meet state DOH audit needs
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or MBA required
- CPA or CMA required, Prior Controller experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background in working in fast paced start up environments
- Strong understanding of internal controls relating to inventory
- Ability to build out finance/accounting department
Compensation: $100-$120k plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100