Our client, a fully integrated and fast-growing cannabis retailer located in Oregon and Washington State is seeking a Financial Controller with public accounting experience, to become a key member of their accounting team. The Controller will report to their top corporate executives and serve an important financial management role with the organization, interfacing with senior management, accounting staff and various key stakeholders.
Candidates need to reside near Portland, OR be willing to relocate on their own.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly close and financial statements, as well as prepare supporting documents for monthly and annual compliance audits
- Prepare journal entries as part of monthly transaction and closing process
- Analyze accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory costs, and internal controls to provide management reporting in the area
- Directs the treasury function including; daily cash movement, initiation and release of ACHs; facilitation of monthly ownership distributions, debt, tax and rent payments; and other cash requirements as needed
- Forecasts to ensure sufficient cash is available to meet operating needs.
- Assist in the preparation of federal, state and local tax filings
- Supporting and supervising accounting staff effort in daily and monthly transaction processing.
- Account reconciliations and support schedules as part of month end close
- Developing ad hoc financial analysis, and weekly cash flow reports
- Assist in accounts receivable collections
- Assist is preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist in preparation of 10K and 10Q SEC filings
- Assist payroll in preparation of commission pay
- Assist in the cash management process, and perform other duties as requested.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- CPA preferred
- 8-12 years of related work experience is required.
- Advance computer skills in Excel, QuickBooks accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communications skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP and cannabis regulations preferred.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills, friendly personality and team building leadership skills required
- Public company experience and SEC reporting required
- Cannabis experience preferred
Compensation: $120K-130K Base Salary plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM500