Our client, a fast-growing cannabis-focused company based in California, is seeking a Cost Accounting Manager with experience in production and manufacturing environment. They are looking for a detail-oriented, high energy and motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for a long term opportunity. Some travel may be required.
- Maintain accurate cost accounting records for cost of goods sold
- Assist with annual budget process, including development of production cost centers, labor budgets, activity rates and overhead to be used in standard costing
- Work on the preparation of various month-end/year-end reports and schedules including inventory reconciliations, journal entries, cost of goods sold analysis, inventory on hand reports, etc.
- Manage inventory costing and related activities at multiple locations, analyzing production variances and providing insight into inventory cost fluctuations
- Review invoice approval and coding, including supplier payments
- Assist in accounting participation in physical inventory count activities
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor
- Development, updating and maintenance of standard costs and BOMs
- Monitor, analyze and report on cost trends of inventory and raw materials to interpret overall cost of goods sold and margin variations, including analyzing actual cultivation and manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Over 3 years’ experience Cost Accounting Experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and technical GAAP accounting
- Highly collaborative team player with the ability to enforce policies and procedures
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Microsoft NAV
Compensation: $80-100k pending experience plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100