Our client, a premier cannabis company, is searching for an HR / Payroll Specialist. This position’s primary responsibilities are to process bi-weekly payroll, run any off-schedule payroll corrections, maintain employee records, perform administrative tasks & services, and coordinate SoCal facility needs to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations People Team.
This is a Temp-To-Hire, Part-Time role, working 3 days per week. They are looking for candidates in the Glendale, CA area.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, and other contributions.
• Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks, or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final separations.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation.
• Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level People Team staff or management.
• Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
• Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
• Provides clerical support to the People Team.
• Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, including health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
• Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
• Manages monthly product distribution, employee purchases, employee product gifts, and R&D.
• Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, etc.
• Assits with facility maintenance issues by researching and gathering quotes from outside contractors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of experience in payroll is required.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software and management, human information systems (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations tactfully, professionally, and diplomatically.
Compensation: DOE $23.90-$26.90 Hourly
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose. CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP100