Our client, a cannabis in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking a Payroll Specialist. In this role, you be the leader of payroll for the company and work with all employees.
If you have at least 5 years of payroll experience, no matter the industry, apply for this exciting role today! Culture is fun and challenging, surrounded by amazing professionals.
- Run payroll for all employees (verify commissions, bi-weekly pay/hours, deductions, taxes, etc.)
- Code employees correctly in QuickBooks Online for cost accounting
- Remit tax payments to appropriate entities
- File tax forms pertaining to payroll
- Create spreadsheet for review by Controller/CFO for approval of bi-weekly payroll
- Print checks and deliver to employees
- Get appropriate approvals for pay increases, bonus payout, commissions, etc.
- Onboard employees and set them up in QuickBooks Online, time tracking system, etc.
- Maintain employee physical records
- Drug test staff once a month
- Manage health insurance (adding employees, terminations, changes, etc.)
- Post jobs and manage interview process for potential employees
- Month End close including payroll accrual, payroll and benefit account reconciliations, etc
- 5 years of payroll experience, with at least 1-2 years of lead/supervisor experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Familiarity and strong knowledge of a variety of software applications including time keeping and attendance, HRIS and self-service systems.
- Successfully deliver on all deadlines and flawlessly execute in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.