Our client near San Diego, CA thrives off helping cannabis companies succeed and grow within the industry. They are seeking a Senior Accountant or Controller who is ready to take over the reins and head to the next level in their career. The ideal candidate will enjoy being challenged but also like to have fun.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for completing day-to-day accounting transactions including journal entries, account reconciliations, trial balance review, adjusting journal entries, month end close, payroll, P&L, audits, preliminary financial statement preparation and variance reporting. You will do it all. You will be the responsible for knowing the company’s numbers and efficiently communicating this to the CEO and stakeholders.
- Perform month end close and preliminary financial statements for the company
- Review journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Collection of loan payments
- Handle Payroll and Benefits
- Prepare the supporting documents for the monthly consolidated balance sheet and income statement
- Analyze financial statements and prepare variance reports
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare supporting schedules for public company filings
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-6 Years’ Experience in high level accounting roles
- CPA with Public and private accounting experience preferred
- Cannabis Accounting Experience Preferred
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluent in Accounting knowledge and terms
- Excellent Communicator
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a Must.
Compensation: $85K-$100K based on experience, annual bonus, and health benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100