Our client, a multi-state Cannabis operator is looking for an experienced Compliance Manager for their operations in the Atlantic City Area.
The Compliance Manager will work with various departments across the company to ensure the standard operating procedures incorporate the necessary compliance guidance and are being followed, keeping the company in compliance with all rules and regulations, with an eye towards ensuring that the most cost-effective and efficient compliant processes are in place.
This role will require travel all over the New Jersey.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the internal compliance function, including inventory and audit controls.
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Create and maintain compliance checklists for all business units
- Monitor state and local laws pertaining to operations and ensure compliance with such laws and update compliance documentation and processes as legislation and regulations change.
- Possesses full knowledge of all Hazardous Chemicals within the facility, Hazard Communication and the company’s Emergency Action and Response Plan – to assist Security in providing leadership to employees, as needed – in the event of any emergency.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of Electrical Safety and Machine Guarding
- Work with functional leaders to ensure information is communicated and all stakeholders are properly informed of changes to regulations, policies, and procedures in their respective areas.
- Assist with training needs of individual departments
- Identify issues, analyze current business methods and provide suggestions to ensure the company maintains compliance with local and state laws.
- Manage the implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the operating units.
- Send weekly reports to management with current compliance issues, recommendations, and regulatory updates
- Identify modifications to current processes and procedures, changes, and new processes and procedures that need to be put in place.
- Document all changes into training manuals and SOPs
- Able to travel to all dispensary locations on a bi-monthly basis to conduct audits.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- In Depth Knowledge of New Jersey Cannabis Laws and Regulations
- 2-3 years of related experience in a regulated industry such as healthcare, biotech, tobacco or pharmaceuticals or gaming.
- Expirience with OSHA
- Experience in writing and training team members on implementation of S.O.P's
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Ability to explain regulations in a way that will be understandable to front line employees.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to multitask
Compensation: $65- 70K Benefits, PTO and Relocation Assistance Available
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200