Our client, a vertically integrated, multi state operator is seeking a Director of Extraction to join their team. This position will be traveling between the location in Los Angeles, CA and Reno, NV.
The Director of Extraction will oversee all production, quality assurance, operations and personnel for a best-in-class Cannabis Extraction laboratory, and must possess large scale processing experience with all types of extraction methods and products.
This position will be responsible for the hiring, training, safety awareness, professional development and discipline for the Extraction Laboratory, and must have experience leading extraction operations for a large-scale commercial cannabis or hemp extraction facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and organizing production schedules.
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow, extractions, product development and data quality as financially possible.
- Ensuring the constant improvement of the team’s knowledge base on lab procedures and extraction methods, including safety awareness, knowledge of hazards, AZDHS, OSHA, Food Safety, company standards and quality control.
- Representing the company in regulatory meetings, lab industry meetings and events.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements.
- Providing technical guidance to the facility with respect to any technical questions or new services.
- Analyzing production requirements and work assignations, based upon capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives. Promoting an environment of continual improvement and open communication with all levels of staff.
- Coordinating with operations personnel to identify and address market opportunities and operational weaknesses.
- Working with Laboratory Manager and Scientists in monitoring quality control to ensure high quality, accurate results.
- Approving any changes to the technical SOPs.
- Periodically auditing the staff during process to ensure compliance with SOPs.
- Investigating all adverse events, errors and complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
- Resolving conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asking for assistance of HR as needed and when required.
- Participating actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Interfacing with the Laboratory Manager to optimize inventory of laboratory supplies.
Skills and Education Requirements
- Applicant shall possess advanced botanical extractions knowledge and expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, chemical engineering, industrial management or related field required.
- Broad knowledge of scientific principles, theories, and technologies applicable to chemistry in general.
- Manufacturing scale up experience desired (ISO, LEAN, etc.).
- Knowledge of management and organizational concepts, principles, and techniques with demonstrated expertise in research administration.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issue with the processes and instrumentation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing project needs in evolving situations
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
- Travel up to 40% required to visit multiple sites, and to assess potential acquisitions of machinery or facilities.
Compensation: Based on Experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100