Our client, a leading cannabis producer in Northern California, is seeking a Director of Operations for its cultivation and processing operations.
The Operations Director oversees and manages the cultivation department. This is an on-site and people-management role that ensures all cultivation SOPs are carried out in a smooth and disciplined manner. The Operations Director will work very closely with the CEO, Grow Managers, processing managers and their teams to ensure the economics of the department are on target and within budget projections.
- Responsible for overseeing the cultivation and processing departments
- Learn and integrate all components of our existing SOPs, ensure organizational readiness, and manage the day-to-day operations such that we consistently achieve yield and quality targets.
- Operational Data and Decision-Making
- Ensure the timely buildout of additional grow and operations
- Management of dashboards and metrics
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, and subordinate and provide actionable data and commentary to the CEO to drive decision making for the Cultivation department
- Drive adherence to KPIs and metrics across accountable departments
- Identify and manage cost improvements and lead the development and execution of cost improvement and productivity ideas within the cultivation department (includes business case analysis, project scoping, timelines and execution)
- Work with finance and supply chain to develop and track the annual budget (revenues, costs, expenses, EBITDA, etc.)
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment through collaborative discussions, team communications, rigorous root cause analysis, and transparent decision making
- In conjunction with the HR and Regulatory/Compliance department, help draft and update standard operating procedures relating to regulatory, training, quality, and for all of cultivation operations
- Root cause and corrective analysis for any workflow, building, infrastructure, process or people issues
- Develop and build teams by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation amongst team members. Adjust personnel numbers within various teams in relation to company growth and improved work efficiencies
- Judge and assess the qualities of process and people (maturity and gap analyses)
- Guide, direct, and motivate staff. Provide guidance and direction to all employees
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards by using relevant information and personal judgement to determine whether tasks or processes comply with California state laws and regulations.
- Conduct annual evaluations of direct reports
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in personnel and operations management.
- 3- 5 years of prior cannabis industry experience
- Proficiency with inventory control software, production management software, and spreadsheet usage.
- Thorough understanding of California state and local medical cannabis laws
- Demonstrated team leadership and development skills.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proven continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent influential, collaborative, and relationship building skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication / organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a position requiring critical-thinking and problem-solving
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100