Our client is a vertically integrated Michigan-based cannabis company that serves its customers and community with the highest quality of products and customer service, while also providing a caring work environment for its employees.
Our client is seeking a Facilities Manager that will be responsible for collaborating with the entire onsite team to keep all facilities operating effectively and efficiently toward producing the highest quality and safest product with lowest possible cost.
This position reports to the Operations Manager will oversee operations of the greenhouse facility primarily as well as additional retail spaces. This role encompasses cost analysis, management, control systems & procedures management across all company locations.
- Manage day to day physical facility operations by maintaining a close working relationship with Greenhouse and Retail staff, and preferred vendors and service contracts.
- Coordinate, monitor and maintain building environmental controls and levels with Greenhouse Operations through the BMS system and provide daily audits
- Plan facilities workload in a preventative maintenance plan and ensure coordination of outside contractors as required.
- Manage daily operations of the security access system and badge issuance.
- Coordinate fleet vehicle program, including lease registration, maintenance, lease terminations, and obtain new lease options
- Maintain and operate HVAC physical plant per equipment manufacturer’s recommendations, and in a safe and trouble-free manner.
- Update AutoCAD file for office space planning and coordination of repairs.
- Order safety, housekeeping, and maintenance supplies when required.
- Lead special projects associated with building changes, including but not limited to construction, expansion, and reconfiguration.
- Provide oversight on special projects (e.g. construction projects, equipment selection, cost-reductions)
- Manage and maintain all electrical systems as necessary and as circumstances dictate, provide necessary cross-training of systems such as Fire Panel, UPS system, VFD’s, etc.
- Lead Safety Culture and Program. Provide support to remote facilities when required.
- Set-up training classes for M-IOSHA safety programs and other applicable trainings and perform routine facility audits at the facility.
- Organize and track manifests for hazardous materials transported through Hazardous Waste Hauler.
- Coordinate Respiratory Fit-Test and train for employees requiring masks and use of filtration unit equipment.
- Maintain the Facilities and Safety information boards and electronic channels.
- Conduct internal auditing in adherence to cGMP standards
- Working with the security card access system to maintain employee badges and access.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a plant engineering capacity
- Demonstrated success in a business role or project management experience
- Working knowledge of a physical plant/manufacturing facility
- Greenhouse and or agricultural experience preferred
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Strong communicator
- Strong planning and project management skills
- A passion for humanity and desire to change the social perception of cannabis
Compensation: $90 – $110K plus Health, Dental, Vision, Life & PTO Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200