Our client, a Cannabis start up based out of Boulder, Colorado is seeking a Director of Cultivation to oversee the design and build out of their new 65k sq ft facility near Durango, Colorado.
The Director of Cultivation will be responsible for shaping the future of the company’s cultivation operations in addition to maintaining the company’s reputation and standards while implementing a dynamic growth plan. The responsibilities will include but not be limited to the build out of a new cultivation facility, the creation of SOP’s and policies, and implementation of the newest techniques and technologies.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and build out of Cultivation facilities and coordinate with construction team to ensure project completion.
- Develop and implement cultivation SOPs ensuring compliance with State regulations and company policies.
- Implement new technologies and techniques
- Hire and train new cultivation staff, including managers and technicians
- Develop and set indoor grow facility Implementation of environmental parameters and program/monitor automated greenhouse control software.
- Create production and work schedules for staff
- Monitor production results regularly with Operations Managers driving team accountability for adherence to standards and product yield and quality, and responsible for addressing any deviation approve crop-inputs and supplies for the Grow Areas.
- Develop custom fertilizer recipes to optimize yield, plant health and potency.
- Set and implement integrated pest management strategies in compliance with state and company policy.
- Develop proper sanitation protocols of the Growing Area.
- Identify plant varieties to fit facility and market needs.
- Set propagation, germination and planting schedules for all crops and varieties.
- Coordinate clerical, record keeping, inventory and financial data.
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or Horticulture preferred
- 5+ years as a Head Grower in a Commercial Indoor Operation
- Strong process management skills
- Must be a strong leader with an acute business sense
- Experience in developing advanced/custom fertilizer recipes strongly desired
- Colorado compliant Integrated Pest Management solutions and ability to identify nutrient deficiencies proactively.
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, pests and health
- Up to date and advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant growing techniques, new strains and genetics
- Well organized and attention to detail is a must
- Experienced team leader with a positive attitude and vision for the future
- Knowledge of crop management and commercial agriculture
Compensation: $90-$125k plus full benefits and relocation
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100