Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company in New Jersey is looking for a Director of Cultivation to join their growing team. The Director of Cultivation will aid in the design, direction, and implementation of cultivation operations for a large-scale grow facility, which includes: production planning in conjunction with National and business wide strategies, propagation, transplanting, feeding, crop maintenance, IPM program management, and harvesting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Continually work to improve the operational capabilities and outputs of the growing location.
- Develop and execute grow methodologies, irrigation strategies, IPM programs, and continuous improvement plans for indoor cannabis production
- Responsible for contributing and implementing long term production plans that deliver on key production metrics set by the company
- Develop, track and maintain KPIs for monitoring operational efficiency of cultivation programs and productivity rates for employees
- Collaborates with other departments to effectively run cultivation programs
- Works closely with department heads on planning and budgeting of cultivation programs
- Ensures all projects are completed on-time and on-budget and communicates with upper management and third-party resources as necessary
- Takes responsibility and initiative in the smooth running of all cultivation operations
- Liaises with other departments, including finance, accounting, marketing, HR, etc. to ensure the Cultivation Department goals are met effectively
- Serves as a resource for cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Work with National and local team members to create preventative maintenance procedures to ensure equipment runs per manufacturer's recommendations in order to obtain the highest quality yields without loss to fungus, disease, and mold, etc.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a cultivation environment; Worker Protection Standards, Hazardous Communication
- Comply with the state tracking and trace system
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, Horticulture or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 7 plus years of agriculture experience in a commercial cannabis environment or other high volume horticultural/agricultural environment
- Experience with various grow mediums, crop management software, and commercial irrigation equipment
- Knowledge of plant diseases, pests, and IPM solutions
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
Compensation: $100,000 – $120,000 annually, plus bonus, full health benefits, and 401k
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.