The Irrigation Manager position provides leadership for plant activities and operations of the Cultivation Department while abiding by all applicable policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment, strong leadership skills, and the ability to effectively interact with members of the team to ensure a positive culture. This position is generally responsible for the day-to-day duties needed to ensure plant health is sustained through irrigation supervision and pest management practices. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining stock nutrient supply, identifying deficiencies and toxicities, and diagnosing and treating for pests and disease.
- Responsible to complete any work assigned during scheduled shifts.
- Initial Irrigation Manager duties will involve essential Cultivation operations and may be expanded over time
- Provide any necessary support to the Director to ensure cultivation duties are efficiently and timely completed in a manner consistent with the company’s Standard Operation Procedure for each duty.
- Daily responsibilities include plant work, and specifically (but not exclusively) big leaf and bottom stripping in flower rooms, training staff, pest and disease identification, problem-solving issues, seed-to-sale tracking data input, sweeping and disinfecting flower/vegetative rooms, disposing of used growing media, optimizing the crop for yield and quality, ensuring approved nutrient regimen, and general cleaning.
- Weekly responsibilities include inventory checks, plant health assessments, scouting for pests and diseases, changing feed regimens, helping with plant transitions, checking drippers, spot cleaning, applying predatory insects, planting, watering, and plant maintenance.
- Monthly responsibilities include harvesting and big leafing, hanging sticky cards, monitoring correct inventory tracking, managing consumable inventory, preparing rooms for flip, and assisting with safety meetings.
- Responsible to follow all applicable operational guidelines, comply with verbal directives, and practice and/or implement all safety, security, sanitation, policies, procedures, rules, skills, and the like presented during training, by management, in Standard Operating Procedures, or otherwise when performing job duties.
- Responsible for tracking, maintaining, and requesting consumable inventory resources needed for plant production
- Responsible for limited data entry using Dynamic 365 to track and forecast pest treatments and fertilizer use, as well as consumables inventory, throughout the perpetual cycle.
- Responsible to understand and follow all GACP/GMP guidelines throughout the facility.
- Perform such other duties as employee is qualified to perform and may be assigned.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation, including but not limited to, nutrient requirements, growing media, light requirements, temperature control, and airflow.
- Experience with compliance systems.
· Strong attention to detail, especially when dealing with plant health and data-tracking.
- Advanced cannabis plant and genetics knowledge.
- Must accept accountability, have a proactive attitude, and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Active listening and effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, are critical.
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Basic math skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Basic understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and particularly those governing cannabis, and organizational rules, directives, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, or related field, or a minimum of 2 years of experience cultivating plants, or registered in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Pharmacy Technician
- Must pass background and drug screening
- The Irrigation/PM Manager can lift and carry over 50 pounds at a time as needed.
- The Irrigation/PM Manager is comfortable working at heights as high as 20 feet.
- While performing duties associated with the Irrigation/PM Manager position, the employee will be required to perform regular grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- The Irrigation/PM Manager will be required to stand for long periods of time on a regular basis and to use their hands to perform detailed work