CannabizTEMP is seeking a reliable Quality Control and Compliance Technician to join a growing cannabis company in Freeport, IL. The Quality Control and Compliance Technician will play a support role in upgrading or developing and implementing quality assurance policies and standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures and applicable federal, state, county, and municipal laws, regulations, ordinances, and regulations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under Manager supervision, assists with maintaining and updating Quality Management System.
- Assists other facility personnel in completing process and product testing to ensure quality standards are met and oversee determination of finished product disposition.
- Assist Manager in review and approval of any deviations to procedures and submit SOP revision request as necessary.
- Maintain sanitation and quality control practices that ensure the safety and quality of cannabis, including purity and consistency.
- Support Manager with review of findings and follow-up action of any investigation performed.
- Assist with assembling employees, or experts needed to conduct a cannabis product complaint investigation.
- Under Manager direction implement recall procedures that are supported by test results or other scientific documentation or expert opinion or as mandated by applicable regulations.
- Assist in implementing policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance.
- Assist in conducting or overseeing audits of the facility.
- Assist in investigation and resolution of compliance concerns, issues, or violations.
- Support Manager in collaborating with the PM and/or corporate compliance team to compile compliance concerns, issues or violations.
- Stay up to date with changes in rules and regulations.
- Assist Manager with promoting awareness and responsibility through training and regular communication throughout the facility.
- Assist in daily operations of the Laboratory including collecting, performing, and data trending the samples for in house testing.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Education Requirements:
- Previous experience in a QA/QC role in a production facility preferred.
- Prior compliance experience preferred, ideally in regulated industry, such as cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing.
- Associate’s degree preferred
- The ability to deliver on specific performance goals
- The interpersonal skills and credibility to communicate with employees, regulators and inspectors.
- Analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Ability to understand the fluid nature of the cannabis industry and adapt without compromising the advisory role for which you were hired.
Compensation: $18 Hourly
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Temp100