Our client, an upscale medicinal cannabis dispensary in the Conejo Valley, CA area, is seeking a General Manager responsible for representing the company mission, vision, and values and developing a high-performing team that consistently delivers the highest level of customer service, education, compliance while reaching ambitious sales goals.
The General Manager oversees day-to-day operations of the dispensary. The General Manager leads on day-today activities and has oversight responsibilities for customer relations, compliance, facilities, sales and marketing. The General Manager provides leadership to all departments throughout the medicinal dispensary and is responsible for ensuring day to day activities are implemented in accordance with established policies and procedures and within the approved budget.
The General Manager, along with the corporate officers will be responsible for business and marketing strategy, financial oversight, community engagement and vendor relationships. This position reports to and is accountable to the corporate officers.
- Provide leadership and develop a culture of high-level customer service and education, top level compliance, integrity, and transparency
- Ensure day-to-day activities are implemented in accordance with established policies and procedures and in compliance with state and city regulations
- Support the hiring and training of employees to provide daily leadership to deliver quality customer experiences and effective operations
- Coach team to consistently deliver excellent customer service, personalized cannabis consultations, to establish and retain loyal customers
- Plan, delegate, implement and manage daily activities of staff
- Monitor and manage daily staffing levels ensuring effective and efficient teams are scheduled for daily activities while maintaining strict budget adherence
- Assist in creating promotional strategies, daily specials and sales tactics to meet aggressive sales targets and minimize product waste
- Provide team with coaching, mentoring, feedback, and developmental opportunities
- Provide oversight on the reconciliation of all cash, credit and debit receipts from each customer consultant and consultant daily to ensure stringent and effective asset oversight
- Provide high-level recommendations to the corporate officers on how to increase profitability and reduce costs
- Ensure daily activities are conducted in a professional manner in accordance with all labor laws and maintain detailed human resource records
- Maintain a dispensary that is clean, warm and inviting reflecting a pride in ownership
Education & Required Skills
- 4 years of cannabis dispensary managerial experience or a combination of retail and cannabis experience
- Luxury products & merchandising experience preferred
- Strong and proven leadership skills, ability to build, manage and retain highly effective teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, preferred
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100