Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company, is seeking a Merchandising Director to lead a team for their growing company.
This is a remote / flexible / work from home position and they could reside in Illinois, New York or Colorado.
The Merchandising Director leads the retail merchandising team and wholesale demand planning teams. They are responsible for creating and continually optimizing 1P and 3P inventory investments to maximize sales and margin across retail stores & wholesale markets. The Merchandising Director will lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting process for retail and wholesale, in collaboration with finance, retail, and wholesale leadership. Success in this position is delivering proactive demand plans by market, providing insights to help shape price & promotional strategies, and maximizing profitable sales while maintaining inventory levels to meet customer demand.
- Lead the creation of product, promo, and pricing strategies by market to maximize sales and margin
Develop a sustainable competitive intelligence framework in partnership with the Wholesale Regional Directors and Director, Retail
- Partner with the Director, Planning & Allocation and Director, Production Planning & Analytics on budgeting and forecasting efforts
Operations to ensure the Verilife and LivWell assortments, price, and promo are market competitive
- Integrate competitive intelligence and analysis to influence the development of 1P products that fill white space in the market and improve profitability
- Collaborate with wholesale, planning, cultivation, and manufacturing partners on strategies to maximize sales, margin, and sales
- Influence new product launches, sales, and events to maximize traffic and revenue, partnering with marketing on the execution to support these events
- Build an assortment review process in partnership with the Director, Planning; leveraging this process to identify 3P partnership opportunities to maximize sales and gross margin
- Analyze P&L reports, with a focus on sales, margin, and inventory turn; implement action plans for improvement when appropriate
- Provide leadership within the planning team through consistent training, development, and recognition
- Promote an environment that fosters respect for the ideas of others and supports ongoing collaboration to execute business strategies, and measures own success by the team’s success
- Leads by example and operates effectively in the face of continuous priority change
Education and Required Skills:
- 7+ years merchandising and/or buying experience
- 3+ years prior supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Supply Chain, or related field. Relevant work experience considered in lieu of education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, & PowerPoint), advanced Excel skills
Experience in Microsoft NAV / D365, LeafTrade, LeafLink and cannabis tracking systems (metrc, biotrack, MJ Freeway) is preferred
- Experience in the Cannabis Industry
Previous exposure to merchandising CPG is preferred
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200