Our client, a publicly traded cannabis company in Oregon is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join their rapidly growing company.
The CFO will be responsible for overseeing the company’s financial functions including preparing consolidated financial statements, implementing effective accounting policies and procedures controls to assist the company in meeting their financial growth goals.
The CFO will need to demonstrate a high level of competency in multi-state and international reporting as well as being able to organize multiple accounting teams across their many subsidiaries. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding and execution of IFRS and Canadian and US GAAP. Responsibilities include managing and restructuring the accounting and inventory departments through all phases of accounting and inventory management, working directly with the CEO to implement company strategy, assess growth budgets, and ensure accurate financial reports are generated across all the company's interests.
- Enhance, implement, and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of Company
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends
- Participate in the development of Company’s strategic plans and programs as a member of the senior leadership team
- Evaluate and advise on the financial impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs / strategies and regulatory action
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting Company (i.e., pursuit of additional licenses, potential alliances, M&A)
- Lead investor relations & shareholder communications functions
- Manage, in conjunction with the office of the CEO, the Board of Directors communications
- Oversee accounting and accounts payable and foster best practices across Company
- Understanding of Retail operations
- Manage assets and annual CAPEX allocations
- Coordinate and support internal & external legal teams
- Oversee external audit compliance and assist with deliverables
- Provide advice related to effective decision-making related to cost of capital
- Provide data, reporting, and support for investor relations initiatives
- Degree in Accounting, with public accounting or highly regulated public company experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Canada Securities IFRS and US GAAP
- Capital markets connections & experience
- Experience with cross border listing arrangements and registration transitions
- Adept at distilling complex financial information into digestible and actionable points to drive business decisions
- Cannabis industry
- M&A experience desired
COMPENSATION: $200k with bonus and Equity
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. TEAM400