Our client, a vertically integrated, multi state cannabis company is seeking a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to join their team in Los Angeles. This highly motivated senior executive will be responsible for leading all Revenue generating activities.
The CRO will be responsible for driving the overall operating plan and building sales to achieve revenue and profit targets through customer acquisition, retail sales, wholesale channel activation, engagement and retention. The role will focus on the sales and revenue lifecycle as well as the build out of the team, systems and processes to ensure that we can drive and support ambitious growth. The wholesale sales and retail departments will report to the CRO.
The CRO will be a proactive, highly energetic and self-motivated leader with proven experience optimizing strategy and execution to deliver successful outcomes.
- Drive the sales strategy for each brand across the CA market, teaming up with marketing and product development to create brand excitement and strong sell-through at our retail partners.
- Develop the next generation retail model for our stores, combining in-store, on-line and home delivery to offer a compelling customer experience
- Drive the growth strategy for the overall business at the local and state level
- Create and launch KPIs to drive top line sales, customer acquisition and brand engagement.
- Continue to develop world-class leaders in the retail and wholesale sales team encompassing the applicable skills, experiences and diversity needed to enable innovative and executable outcomes
- Drive the team in the ongoing optimization of the enterprise customer funnels, from acquisition through engagement and retention.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual accounts that demonstrate the effectiveness of the company’s product offering
- Develop top of funnel and closing velocity to deliver budgeted revenue and growth metrics.
- Drive portfolio growth using strong relationship management and ongoing demonstration of value proposition.
- Partner with key stakeholders to implement and drive a customer and vendor value proposition
- Implement better business intelligence through the introduction of tools, processes and management around key KPIs and scorecards.
- Develop lasting brand relationships with key brand partners to drive traffic to our stores and to present exclusive product offers to our customers.
- Build, iterate and optimize the people, systems and infrastructure to support the long-term goals
- Ensure all sales operations, systems and processes are designed and managed to deliver an incomparable customer experience in the industry with supporting KPIs to drive optimization.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure employees and partners are always focused on driving positive outcomes for the business.
- Partner closely with Wholesale sales, Retail, Marketing, Technology and Procurement teams to deliver and continually improve on the product and customer experience
Education and Required Skills:
- 10+ years’ relevant experience and/or training with focus on sales and strategic growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent is required. Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Cannabis experience preferred.
- Experience leading organizations to meet and exceed goals, in startup industries and public companies
- Experience developing and launching an influential roadmap to drive sales efforts within the various channels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success leading, growing, and optimizing sales organizations with accountability for new acquisition and growth within existing customers.
- Proven track record of balancing profitability while delivering substantial topline growth
- Experience defining, coordinating, and optimizing sales processes from end-to-end; from inbound/outbound lead generation, through qualification, proposal development, contract negotiation, and client renewal and expansion.
- Prior success in exceeding targets while partnering with Marketing, Retail and Procurement to ensure sales efforts are aligned and integrated with the overall organizational resources and strategy.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate activities across multiple locations and properties simultaneously
- Experience in managing a high-performance sales team
- Strategic, creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to continuous improvement
Compensation: $200,000 plus benefits package
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM400