As a key member of the senior management team, the Chief Operations Officer will be responsible for the efficiency of the business, maintaining control of diverse business operations, and securing the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
The ideal candidate would be a detail-oriented operational leader, with strong experience in cultivation, manufacturing, CPG, and retail industries, with the ability to manage multiple divisions.
The COO will lead and direct all aspects of the business across multiple sites, requiring a hands-on leader in cultivation and manufacturing. Previous experience in Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing, and a PMP certification is a plus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company over their Cultivation, Manufacturing and Retail operations
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Reports to the Board in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (build-outs, investments, potential acquisitions)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Up to 50 % travel
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in related management, manufacturing, accounting or administration
- 4 + years of MSO cannabis industry experience a plus
- 8-10 years’ hands-on experience in manufacturing, warehouse and logistics with a minimum of three years’ supervisory experience
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics
- Experience in Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing, PMP certification is highly desirable
- Strong ERP systems experience required
- Proven project and budget management experience with driven financial results
- Substantial experience with inventory management, fulfillment and delivery
- Experience with facilities oversight including physical infrastructure, maintenance, employee safety and security
- Ability to analyze data, interpret and apply legislation, develop systems and standard operating procedures, and manage risk based on data and statistics
- Experience meeting stringent compliance requirements
- Proven expertise in organizational development and operations management, lean manufacturing principles, strategic and business planning methods, project planning and coordinating
- Knowledge of technical, scientific and regulatory principles related to the cannabis industry a plus
- Ability to lead and influence a diverse team during change, while maintaining cooperation, motivation and cohesiveness in a lean environment
Compensation: $300,000+ plus bonus and equity
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. All applications are highly confidential.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.