Our client, a vertically integrated multistate operator in the Cannabis Industry, is seeking an Extraction Manager to lead their Extraction Team for one of their site locations in Sinking Spring, PA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects and matters pertaining to extraction and finished processed products at the cultivation and processing facility. The successful candidate will be an effective leader who possesses a passion for cannabis science, excellent interpersonal skills, and a willingness to continually learn more to help educate her/his team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main responsibility of the Extraction Manager is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the extraction lab, ensuring consistent compliance with all regulations and the highest levels of safety and cleanliness inside the processing area.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Director of Production and Facilities [SDPF] to meet production goals, which are designed to minimally achieve the monthly and annual budgets.
- Plan, organize, direct, and manage optimized daily extraction and manufacturing activities to achieve the company’s business objectives efficiently, compliantly, and safely.
- Reviews and refines Standard Operating Procedures for extraction and distillation equipment as well as handling extraction gases, winterizing, refining, distilling, and/or formulating final finished products. Adapts, if necessary (in alignment with regulations)
- Fosters a positive work environment for her / his team; creating staff schedules and assigning work and task responsibilities to meet or exceed production and inventory management goals to meet the company’s business objectives.
- Drives innovation and continuous improvement to further strengthen prime’s reputation in the thriving PA MMJ market.
- Partners with the SDPF to create policies & procedures to guide the daily operations and fully comply with all state medical marijuana regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Partners with the Compliance department to ensure effective compliance of all extraction and manufacturing-related activities (including documentation, inventory counts, SOPs, etc)
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure the safe and timely production of processed products.
- Executes a cleaning and maintenance schedule for the lab and extraction equipment as required by procedures and manufacturer specs; ensuring no disruption to production.
- Works with SPDF to develop all QA/QC and analytical testing for quality, consistency and efficacy and is constantly improving workflow.
- Stay current on literature and legislation in the field and industry; following cannabis research on an ongoing basis, (including cannabinoids, terpenes, distillation and refining techniques, and new/innovative cannabis products) to keep abreast of industry trends and help further educate his team. understand the industry.
- Positively responds to team’s questions, concerns and suggestions and takes immediate action as necessary to resolve conflicts.
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related science highly preferred
Compensation: $75,000-$90,000k plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.