Our client, an industry leading products, brands, R&D, and manufacturing company in the cannabis industry, is seeking an experienced Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) for their rapidly expanding operations within California.
The CRO position will be a member of the executive team, reporting to the President and responsible for the growth of the company’s cannabis products business (which includes three brands) by setting and then executing the sales strategy. He/She must have proven sales leadership experience and success selling products in multiple retail channels.
The CRO will direct and manage all field sales staff, sales strategy and assist with business development, including market competitiveness and in driving lead generation through traditional and social media marketing initiatives.
To be considered, you must be a proven sales leader with the ability to work independently with little oversight and have a superior track record as a VP of Sales, looking to take advantage of helping direct the expansion of an early stage, high-growth cannabis industry company leveraging strategic partnerships to grow with many new products and ultimately in multiple states and channels.
With an ability to analyze and drive success, the CRO will be directly responsible for delivering thought leadership and creative strategies to accelerate revenue growth, team leadership and development, and sales execution.
The successful candidate will drive the company’s achievement of customer acquisition and continued success in revenue goals, acting as a role model for company culture and an ambassador for recruiting talent. This position will be responsible for both the tactical and strategic leadership of the sales organization, working closely with the President, COO, CFO and Chief Brand Officer to plan and execute strategy.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding their customer base throughout California, and as they expand to other states
- Travel required for in-person meetings with customers and sales team to develop key relationships.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs that enable sales staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting, and compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Work directly with the sales organization in the field on a regular and ongoing basis and assist in developing effective marketing platforms such as social media and other online reputation sites to help drive referrals.
- Oversee the hiring and development of the sales organization. Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations to maximize sales productivity.
- Defines optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Design, implement and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes to establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience creating and operating a pipeline management system.
- Management experience, having successfully built, hired, and led a geographically diverse team of early career and experienced professionals
- Proven ability to manage a team of 15+ field sales reps.
- Recent experience operating in an early-stage company, with a demonstrated ability to wear multiple hats, respond to evolving demands and react to a constantly changing marketplace.
- 15+ years in sales and 5+ years in sales management roles at CPG companies and/or related industries that are regulated such as tobacco and alcohol
- Cannabis industry experience is required.
- Established network of senior level contacts within the cannabis industry.
- History of inheriting a sales team in need of a new, seasoned, accomplished sales leader who can motivate individual contributors while driving consistent success as well as hire and manage additional sales staff.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to achieve business goals
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a strong executive presence.
- A strong motivator and leader and ability to create a team that lives the company’s values.
- Financial literacy at a level adequate to speak to the business needs of the industry.
- Direct, no-nonsense communication style that emphasizes transparency and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Compensation: $160-175K Plus Generous Bonus and Full Health Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100