Our client, a cannabis cultivation and manufacturing operator is seeking a Controller to join their west coast operations. The Controller is an integral hands-on leadership role responsible for the accurate financial reporting of the Company. The candidate will own all accounting and financial reporting across the organization. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for financial processes and systems, collaboration with other departments on internal controls and evaluating the financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Have a complete understanding of the full GL closing cycle and lead the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statement close process.
- Lead the preparation and review of all financial statements, including monthly internal business unit/divisional financial statements and quarterly external financial statements.
- Ensure that all external reporting is in compliance with US GAAP and the requirements of both the SEC and OSC, where applicable.
- Preparation/review of complex accounting areas including business combinations, contingent consideration, debt and equity, segmented reporting, top side consolidation entries, tax entries etc.
- Recommend and assist in implementing continuous improvement techniques to improve productivity and increase efficiencies.
- Develop, refine and implement policies and procedures to ensure proper accounting and controls of financial information.
- Oversee the relationship with external auditors and internal departments to ensure smooth and efficient execution of annual year-end audit
- Manage and supervise regional controllers to ensure consistent application of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions including accounts payable, banking, general ledger and cost accounting.
- Lead a financial organization that influences the financial and business decisions to achieve optimal financial performance.
- Manage the company’s banking relationships and organizational cash flow by working in partnership with the senior management team.
- Ensures internal controls are appropriate to safeguard the company’s assets and maintain financial integrity.
- Developing tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the management team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Analyze financial and operational data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the company’s financial status
Education and Required Skills:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA/CMA, CGA)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and or Finance
- 7+ years of experience, with a minimum of four (5) years of post-designation experience in a manager/director level capacity
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Must have experience in technical accounting areas such as consolidations, revenue recognition, foreign currency, stock options, and regulatory filings and reporting; preference for experience with U.S. SEC reporting
- Experience with accounting and/or enterprise reporting systems
- Experience leading teams (management and supervisory experience)
- Knowledge of cannabis cultivation and manufacturing is preferred
Compensation: $175,000 plus benefits
If this sounds like the cannabis industry position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.