Our client a vertically integrated publicly traded multi-state Cannabis operator is seeking a new Senior Vice President, Financial Reporting & Corporate Accounting. This position will report directly to the Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional that thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, brings leadership, and is also not afraid to roll-up the sleeves. The SVP, Financial Reporting and Corporate Accounting will be responsible for directing the preparation of all SEC filings, including 10-K/Qs, 8-Ks with financial disclosures, earnings releases, and any ad-hoc financial filings. In this role, they are also be responsible for preparing materials for executive management and providing technical accounting guidance to operational accounting team as needed.
- Overall compliance with both the Canadian Securities Commission (“CSC”) and Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) reporting requirements
- Execute ongoing external reporting, including but not limited to annual (10K) and quarterly (10Q) financial statements and related disclosures, earnings releases, and MD&A
- Prepare other reporting such as prospectus, 8K, and related ad-hoc filings as required by regulators
- Coordinate with various departments, such as legal and investor relations, to assist in preparing, supporting, and vetting financial information incorporated in public filings
- Review and tag the financial information in the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (“XBRL”) format for required SEC filings]
- Research and present guidance for complex transaction
- Review workpapers and drafted memos to support accounting positions taken
- Refine, maintain, and improve financial reporting practices and procedures
- Involved in presentations to Management
- Related party transaction and balance monitoring
- Assistance with the year-end external audits and interim reviews
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed
Education and Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and CPA License or relevant international equivalent
- Public IFRS accounting background required
- Minimum 8 years of experience including big 4/National accounting firm background and external financial reporting in publicly-traded companies under IFRS
- Working knowledge of the differences between IFRS and US GAAP
- Extensive experience of medium to large enterprise financial consolidation systems (ideally SAP BPC/BFC and/or Hyperion)
- Acquisition and Disposal accounting experience preferred
Compensation: $225,000 plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.