Our client, a leading vertically integrated operator within the cannabis industry, is seeking a hands-on Director of Human Resources to create, direct and lead the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function for this rapidly-growing company.
Working in a professional environment, the Director of Human Resources will establish and set policies and procedures for the HR department, and for the performance management and hiring of the employees, but most importantly, drive the company culture amongst employees at all levels.
The position requires a highly experienced and innovative Human Resources professional, possessing excellent communication, leadership and relationship management skills and an acute business acumen, who is looking for a new challenge to work in the exciting and growing cannabis industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all HR Department operations in a hands-on manner.
- Develop onboarding and training programs, collaborate with department heads and work within budgets, produce job offers etc.
- Responsible for the implementation of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Management of HR Coordinators and Staff
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure the organization’s compliance with all legal rules and regulations.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Build a talent and management structure over multiple sites.
- Communicate changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures, and ensure that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program.
- Coordinate and/or conduct on-boarding, as well as exit interviews.
- Assist with employee appreciation events and uphold the company’s forward-thinking culture on a continuous basis
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personnel information needs.
- Supervise the staff of the human resource department.
- Participate on committees and special projects, seeking additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining Insurance and Benefits Administration.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7+ years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
- Preferred experience with multi-site operations
- Excellent writing, communication and computer skills
- Management experience in an HR capacity
- Cannabis industry experience preferred
Compensation: $90-100K Plus Full Health Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100