Our client is a Michigan-based cannabis company that serves its customers and community with the highest quality of products and customer service, while also providing a caring work environment for it’s employees.
The vertically integrated company is seeking an Edibles Production Manager to manage a team of chefs and carry out daily tasks A-to-Z in kitchen/lab operations. The Edibles Production Manager will be responsible for production of all cannabis infused edible products and help create developments focused on health, purity and environmental consciousness.
- Manage kitchen chefs with daily production of goods, chocolates and confections using commercial machinery.
- Understand and execute batch calculations per company manufacturing formulas.
- Work with purchasing and the lab to set weekly and monthly production schedules
- Maintain METRC compliance, production logs, lab test results and QC retain samples.
- Track input costs, labor costs, waste management
- Vendor Coordination / Ordering
- Organize and inventory ingredients and other kitchen production supplies at the facility.
- Place ingredient orders with approved vendors, log and date each shipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of state and county health department requirements for Kitchen Production Facilities.
- Handle preparation for periodic inspections.
- Maintain a clean and safe production facility.
- Ensure personal hygiene is acceptable under standards set by company performing any production activities by washing hands, wearing a hair net, changing clothes, etc.
- Complete the sanitation of production equipment and tools including workspace, production and packaging equipment, cookware, and appliances.
- Hire and train staff in professional kitchen techniques
- State-required sanitation license must be up to date
- Experience in a field and/or operation that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures, preferably a regulated field producing products for human consumption.
- Experience in a production-heavy kitchen and kitchen management
- Chocolate/confection work a plus.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of recipes, food production and kitchen sanitation.
- Strong and effective task-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail – ability to monitor basic kitchen production in processes, organize and maintain production logs and ingredient lot numbers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Culinary degree, certificate, or at least 5 years of kitchen management experience
Compensation: $100 – $115K plus Health, Dental, Vision, Life & PTO Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200