Our client, a highly professional cannabis testing laboratory, is seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator with recent experience in the Cannabis industry for their Santa Barbara County testing facility.
The Logistics Coordinator will work closely with the Laboratory Director to ensure the correct reception and registering of all cannabis samples received from their clients, the correct supply of consumables necessary for the analytical instruments, and supervising any other supply chain needed in order to help the correct function of the laboratory.
This position must work under the current ISO 17025 standards and will be responsible for all work performed in support of their assigned assay.
Experience with METRC and other track and trace systems is an important plus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and supplies
- Own the day-to-day lab operations and facilities
- Serve as a liaison between internal departments to ensure laboratory deadlines are met
- Schedule and carry out all shipping duties (picking up and receiving samples)
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Partner with vendors to maintain a continuous supply of laboratory consumables and R&D needs
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Overview and control of the gases needed for the analytical instruments (Praxair)
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Hosting and managing lab cleanouts on a regular basis
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Must be able to obtain traceable, reproducible, and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Full training, proficiency and operation of the lab designated LIMS system for client samples
- Participate in the revision of existing procedures and the drafting of new procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Director. ? Assist the Laboratory Director with state and local licensing requirements pre- and post-approval
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Experience with METRC and other track and trace systems is an important plus
- Having a history of working in a production laboratory is a plus
- Having experience working either in a cannabis dispensary or at a fast -growing startup is a plus
- Experience in the Cannabis and Hemp Industry
- Familiar with California State regulations for Cannabis and Hemp
- Proficient with current computer systems including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to cognitively switch between different types of projects with low stress
- Autonomous self-organizer who can balance and organize own schedule and day to maximize productivity ? Hands on experience with organic extraction, analytical chemistry techniques, and product development is a plus ? ISO 17025 experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Great execution to help scaling laboratory operations and facilities
Salary: $60,000 – 65,000K per year plus Health Benefits including Medical, Vision and Life Insurance
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply online – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100