Our client, an industry leading third party cannabis products manufacturer, is seeking a Legal Operations Director to oversee the company's legal infrastructure and business operations. Reporting to the President and serving as the senior leader, the Legal Operations Director is responsible for developing, managing, executing, and auditing over all legal infrastructure, which includes contract support, insurance coverages, corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions, and Risk and Compliance programs.
This role will provide oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with enterprise and legal requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, the Legal Operations Director will continuously drive a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of the company and its customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate, relevant, and timely advice to your employer and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and products or services.
- Synchronize with cross-functional business leaders to understand evolving product and service requirements and ensure that we are compliant with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various commercial contracts and agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other complex commercial agreements.
- Promote legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
- Stay up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect your business and specific industry.
- Liase with external regulatory bodies (e.g., the California Department of Cannabis Control and the Los Angeles Department of Cannabis Regulation).
- Manage litigation and regulatory claims.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous Cannabis Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- JD degree and admission to the California Bar required.
- Knowledge and familiarity with federal and state money laws and regulations.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of civil procedure and administration procedure sufficient to manage open claims.
- Efficiently controlling financial obligations, with the ability to balance legal requirements with business considerations.
- Superior conflict resolution, negotiation and project management skills required.
Compensation: $150,000 – $160,000 Base Salary, plus full Benefits and 401K
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose. CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100