Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company, is seeking a Planning Manager – Wholesale to lead a team for their growing company.
This is a remote / flexible / work from home position, but the candidate should be located on the East Coast
The Planning Manager – Wholesale is responsible for developing effective wholesale sales and inventory demand forecasts by market, to be used by the cultivation and wholesale sales teams to deliver budgeted / forecasted product supply, sales, and margin. This position will take a proactive approach to demand plans for their markets, planning by category, forms, and strain, and providing cultivation with a 3+ month outlook on wholesale product needs. The Manager will also analyze performance and provide insights that will help shape assortment, pricing, and wholesale promotional strategies. Success in this role is maximizing profitable wholesale sales, increasing market share, and providing key inputs to optimize production planning and COGS.
- Collaborates with the wholesale sales team to develop effective pricing & promotional strategies, considering customer tiers, bulk pricing, and relative proximity to retail stores
- Creates, publishes, and maintains wholesale sales, inventory, and demand forecasting tools
- Develops effective wholesale forecast models by market based on sales goals, buyer input, industry trends, and demand patterns
- Works closely with wholesale leadership and sales reps to quickly identify and capitalize on business trends by location and/or product category, reacting quickly to address any changes in customer demand
- Analyzes sales and inventory performance weekly, and provides performance insights to wholesale sales team, cultivation, production planning, and analytics teams
- Supports the monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and inventory budget / forecast processes, and roll ups to corporate forecasts
- Analyzes and tracks sales, promotional activity, and customer profitability to incorporate into future forecasts and recommendations, partnering with the analytics team on standardized reporting
- Reviews and effectively communicates changes in sales and inventory budgets to leadership and cross functional partners including cultivation, retail planning, production planning, and analytics
Education and Required Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in Demand Planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field. Relevant work experience considered in lieu of education
- Additional experience in Wholesale Sales, Planning and Buying a plus
- Strong financial acumen & analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate findings
- Previous exposure to data warehouse systems and planning software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, & PowerPoint), advanced Excel skills
- Experience in Microsoft NAV / D365, LeafTrade, LeafLink and tracking systems (metrc, biotrack, MJ Freeway) is preferred
- Experience in the cannabis industry
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200