Our client, a vertically integrated cultivation and distribution company, is seeking a Production Manager for their operations located in Van Nuys, CA.
The Production Manager will be responsible for the cannabis flower post harvest and packaging operations, as well as their preroll manufacturing, METRC and Inventory.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Production planning, inventory management, and warehouse management
- ERP system management and transactions
- METRC transactions
- Operations record keeping and data analysis to improve efficiencies
- Batch pre-weigh, manufacturing, filling, labeling and pack-out
- Cleaning & sanitization of production equipment and rooms
- Temporary staffing management (when necessary)
- Equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades
- Supplier liaison (raw materials, packaging, equipment) for all products
- Practice GMPs, GDPs, and maintain compliance with state and local regulations
- Meet assigned KPIs including producing on time, at cost, and in specification
- Communicate effectively, cross-functionally between multiple locations, time zones, and departments
- Perform any other job duties as needed
- 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment in CPG, cannabis, or food/beverage.
- Experience working with METRC
- DISTRU software experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft suite abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, a positive and can-do attitude, desire to be hand-on with production, equipment, and troubleshooting.
- Science or engineering degree is preferred
- Pilot plant management, scale-up, and R&D experience is a plus
- Production planning experience is preferred
Salary: $60-75K per year base salary
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply online – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100