Our client, a vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator, is seeking a Quality and Compliance Manager in the state of New Jersey. This is a great opportunity to step into a leadership role with a successful publicly traded cannabis company.
This is a flexible opportunity that requires travel throughout NJ.
- Engages and assists in audits. Makes certain compliance is followed and limit risks (including, logs, SDSs, safety, QC/QA, etc)
- SOPs: Works with Ops’ management on keeping SOPs updated, binders are placed appropriately in the building and that training has occurred for employees
- Maintain compliance with all state regulations and company policies and regulations
- Reviews patient complaints and/or adverse events ensuring that all events are handled appropriately and on a timely basis
- Knowledgeable of OSHA regulations and makes certain loss prevention methods comply with privacy and other applicable laws.
- Identifies potential areas of vulnerability and risk, recommends corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or address potential similar situations in the future.
- Remains abreast of relevant industry-related federal, state and local regulations.
- Reviews compliance-related contracts in partnership with Legal and Makes certain of company compliance to contracts.
- Provides reports on a regular basis
- Reports any violations and/or potential risks to management in a timely manner.
- Possesses full knowledge of all Hazardous Chemicals within the facility, Hazard Communication and the company’s Emergency Action and Response Plan – to assist Security in providing leadership to employees, as needed – in the event of any emergency.
- Works with the Sr. Director, Compliance, AH in training team members on the proper handling of Hazardous Chemicals.
- Makes certain all manifests are properly stored, reporting any discrepancies, as necessary.
- Collaborates on review of recommended packaging/labeling, advertising and marketing for compliance with applicable state regulations
- Works with the Ops team and a DR on batch release compliance testing and corresponding records.
- Coordinates with Security Management to Makes certain that all monthly logs and records are updated appropriately and on time
- Assists with regulatory submissions: new products, packaging/labeling, general compliance questions.
- Assists with onboarding and supporting new employees as it pertains to company (IScout) and state required compliance training.
- Able to travel to all dispensary locations on a bi-monthly basis to conduct audits.
- Conducts monthly, bi-monthly, and annual audits (all CT locations).
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Cannabis experience is preferred but not needed.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, health care, or agriculture industries is strongly preferred
- Adequate knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Adequate knowledge of Electrical Safety and Machine Guarding
Compensation: $70,000 – $75,000 a year, health benefits, PTO
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose. CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.