Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company in Pennsylvania, is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their growing team in Scranton, PA. The Quality Engineer will need to be trained to fulfill Quality Manager duties and requirements as needed for future state redundancy and planning for work related travel and vacation coverage. This will begin the team building for additional trained management level ready personnel as the site continues to grow.
- Support with expectation to lead team members on quality management program requirements and activities to ensure there is an in-depth understanding of program and individual responsibilities.
- Provide support to GMP production operations, including conducting SOPs, training, and serve as resource to operations for quality controls and GMP compliance.
- Support and lead improvement and alignment of the Quality Management Systems at site level.
- Conduct all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other relevant guidelines.
- Support and lead staff in data collection and analysis, reporting activities that support quality improvement interventions, transparency, compliance regulatory standards and provide performance monitoring.
- Independent review and approval of batch record documentation, including validation protocols, master batch records, analytical test results, packaging, and labeling documentation.
- Provide presence on the floor in all operational areas to support GMP manufacturing activities.
- A technical bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or engineering.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience making decisions in a regulatory framework, including FDA regulations and/or operating in a regulated environment preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and ability to record numerical data and understand nomenclature and Lot/Batch numbering systems.
- Ability to be flexible and provide support to any department within the organization as required by Operations leadership.
- Must be able to read and write in English and the ability to perform basic calculations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Compensation: $65,000 – $75,000
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
The benefit packages may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k). TEAM200