Our client, an expanding vertically integrated cannabis is seeking a Director of Marketing to help implement marketing strategies into their respective market(s).
This role will focus on the operational side and will manage marketing implementation for various sides of the business, including retail medicinal and recreational cannabis products and other ancillary aspects.
The ideal Director of Marketing candidate will be entrepreneurial, hands-on and can easily pivot in this fast-changing industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and implement long-term marketing plans for each of the key brands within the portfolio based on sound business analysis, aligned with business objectives, and should be creative, compelling and differentiated.
- Develop a solid marketing strategy by implementing and ensuring alignment with business objectives and industry compliance.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to gain alignment on a marketing plan and ensure successful adoption and execution of marketing programs.
- Support new brand launches / SKU additions, with launch support materials and where needed, packaging design development.
- Manage packaging projects which range from minor updates, the evolution of existing packaging or creation of new package concepts. Responsibility includes creative brief development, interaction with and feedback to design team, coordination with cross-functional team and partners.
- Assist in the development process of new brands and products for the organization. Working in tandem with brand management teams, develop opportunity assessment, set strategic goals, develop positioning concepts and creative brief for the creative team, and manage the progression of the project.
- Build and maintain a strong and consistent brand presence in the cannabis market, ensuring that all branding and marketing materials reflect the company’s values and mission.
- Develop clear positioning and brand identity for key brands and ensure consistency in application across marketing materials.
- Working in tandem with the digital marketing team, develop creative ways to leverage digital channels to engage with consumers and trade, creating brand fans and brand advocacy.
- Summarize marketing program feedback and results to share with senior management and share best practices with others in the marketing organization. Leverage learnings to shape future programming.
- Manage the marketing budget to maximize the effectiveness of marketing spending and to achieve portfolio business objectives.
- Review industry data to analyze overall cannabis industry and be able to leverage key findings to identify growth opportunities, guide marketing planning, build strong selling points on trade tools, and understand consumer and trade targets.
- Responsible for staffing, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, ensure compliance with training requirements, develops direct reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in trade marketing, channel marketing and/or consumer goods marketing
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience
- Strong digital marketing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and execute marketing plans
- Ability to think strategically, and communicate strategic marketing recommendations to an executive level
- Experience with long-term brand planning
- Strong balance of creative and analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative attitude and style; experience managing cross-functional teams and partners
- Experience with compliance and regulations in the cannabis industry is highly desirable
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and execute successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent PPT, Excel skills; Openness to embracing new technology platforms
Compensation: $120,000 Plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.