Our client, a leading family-run company and top brand in the cannabis industry, is seeking a Marketing Assistant to have complete ownership of outputs that deliver against the marketing objectives. They will work with the marketing team to deliver against the key objectives of a marketing campaign, raising awareness & profile of the company and bringing new consumers into the brand.
The successful candidate will be working in a fast-moving and exciting working environment and within an experienced, enthusiastic, and supportive team. The role has enormous scope, and there are opportunities to take ownership and full responsibility for various marketing activities once capabilities have been proven.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your main responsibility will be to assist with all day-to-day Marketing Activities.
- Examples of responsibilities include Implementation of a broad range of high-profile activities incorporating various elements of the marketing mix
- Assist in the production of marketing materials eg coordinating samples, photography, pack shots, copywriting.
- Assist in (with a view to taking on full responsibility, over time, for) internal approval process of all pack design & artwork, including verification of artwork against approved Style-Guide, coordination of amendments with licensees, and attendance at food & lifestyle photo shoots as required.
- Assist in the development of regular communications with team, internal departments, suppliers, agencies, etc.
- Coordinate various promotional activities including meetings marketing materials, direct mail, activity targeting Leaders, cross-category promotions, retailer initiatives, etc.
- Manage an Activity Planning Calendar to help manage and coordinate team workload across Marketing Manager, Product Manager & Marketing Assistant.
- Manage regular updates of our website with updated information.
- Assist in preparation of Quarterly Review presentations & ad hoc presentations.
- Participation in Marketing Team weekly meetings
- Gain exposure to and learning involvement in development of Advertising campaigns managed by the Marketing Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will be someone that is looking for a marketing career.
- You will be a graduate, ideally with a marketing or related degree or equivalent, and will have a good understanding of marketing, ideally with some hands-on Marketing experience.
- You will be creative, with an eye for design and an enthusiastic approach to marketing.
- Basic copywriting abilities e.g., promotional flyers would be a significant advantage.
- The successful candidate will be a personable, approachable person with excellent communication skills.
- You will be a great team player and will have a flexible, hands-on approach and will be happy to turn your hand to anything, with good initiative and self-motivation.
- Good prioritization, planning, and organizational skills are vital, and you will possess competent IT skills (MS Office, Photoshop Adobe, social media, video editing, etc.)
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have a hunger to learn and develop themselves further in a Marketing career.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000 / year Plus PTO and hybrid schedule
If this sounds like the position you've been waiting for, please apply online using the form or follow the link below.
All inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. TEAM200