Our client, a vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator, is seeking a Regional Senior Marketing Manager for the Ohio and Illinois regions. RSMM is responsible for the development and implementation of the field marketing teams and plans for their respective region. The RSMM will work closely with the Director of Brand Strategy acting as the leader in all aspects of retail and wholesale field marketing.
This is a FLEXIBLE/ HYBRID opportunity with 2-3 days on-site and 25% travel.
You must live in either OHIO or ILLINOIS
- Planning and leadership for the region by ensuring appropriate brand strategies, tactics, and capabilities/competencies are developed to meet national brand objectives and KPIs.
- Oversees the strategic, compliant development and evaluation of local promotions (retail & wholesale) on a State and store level, driving sales (to help achieve the Net Revenues’ budget), traffic, and digital engagement. All proposed Marketing spend (for every program/initiative) must be approved by the Regional SVP; before execution.
- Hires, trains, and develops assigned regional field marketing staff in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures
- Conducts regular meetings with assigned employees to assess goals, objectives and performance vs KPIs
- Proactively identifies and implements developmental opportunities for assigned regional marketing staff
- Supports building an inclusive culture, where employees thrive, and organizational goals are achieved.
- Measures and analyzes approved marketing campaigns and promotion results/impact.
- Establishes regular reporting cadence with marketing and sales (retail and wholesale) counterparts and the Regional SVP.
- Collaborates with sales leaders and the Regional SVP to fully align marketing strategy and plans with local business needs to create a comprehensive, best-in-class multi-channel marketing strategy for activation and execution. Is empowered to opt in or opt out (w/business rationale) of proposed corporate marketing programs – which either do not fit the market dynamics and/or will not achieve the revenue-driving expectations – for the region.
- Defines Regional field marketing targets and KPIs with the Regional SVP and tracks weekly/monthly/quarterly performance.
- Analyzes data to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and identify key learnings/insights and best practices to help drive optimization.
- Enforces brand guidelines throughout the organization ensuring consistent messaging across all channels.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of brands and service offerings for key competitors with the objective of identifying and leveraging opportunities to further differentiate our products.
- Monitors and distributes relevant shopper and competitive intelligence from the region to Marketing & Innovation, State leadership teams and the Regional SVPs.
- Consistently maintains strict compliance with all state regulations and company policies and procedures for the region.
- Works cross-functionally with Operations, Retail and Wholesale teams and Accounting and Finance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Brand Strategy and the Regional SVP.
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater preferred
- Experience in the cannabis industry is a must
- Experience in marketing, communications, or a closely related field
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, etc)
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and execute creatively.
- Works independently and effectively in a dynamic and challenging market environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities to effectively deliver results on time and under budget.
Compensation: $100,000 – $110,000 with benefits, PTO, and a great culture
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200