Our client near National City, CA thrives off helping cannabis companies succeed and grow within the industry. They are seeking a Vice President of Marketing who will be a senior member of the corporate team, responsible for using market research and analysis to direct marketing strategy and planning. This position will manage the production of all promotional materials and marketing campaigns including direct mail.
This is an IN-OFFICE opportunity. Minor relocation is available for CA residents.
The successful candidate will drive the company's achievement of customer acquisition and brand awareness working alongside the sales team to meet company objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, monitor, and protect the look of our brand with the goal of increasing consumer awareness, maintaining strong merchandising standards, and ensuring maximum sell-thru.
- Execute local marketing plan developed by corporate including, but not limited to: event activation, promotions, grassroots marketing, sampling events, etc.
- Create weekly market reports recapping local efforts, identifying opportunities, and communicating project status.
- Develop Marketing Strategy to increase awareness, acceptability, and loyalty from consumers to the brand.
- Develop Marketing Calendar and execution of all promotional/advertising and communications for in-store, digital, social media, etc.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to lead, create, manage, control, and execute marketing plans.
- Bring creative and innovative ideas to the team to stay relevant in a competitive industry.
- Support product development efforts to improve existing products and introduce new products by ensuring a strong brand fit and business need.
- Measure proven success of local marketing efforts and make suggestions for improvements.
- Build strong relationships with all applicable accounts – be a positive face for our brand.
- Create and manage local marketing budget.
- Recommend viable local marketing opportunities unique to region.
- Work closely with sales and distribution teams to support and enhance their efforts through marketing efforts.
- Be excited and aggressive, ready to hit the ground running
- Able to maintain constant and open communication with direct reports, as necessary.
- Must possess a positive outlook and personality to encourage, support, and mentor all direct reports.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, with Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field a plus.
- 10 years of progressive marketing experience – preferably in marketing, promotions, customer marketing, or direct mail.
- Previous cannabis marketing leadership experience a plus
- Previous finance marketing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely reliable, responsive, accountable.
- Minimum of 10 years related marketing experience and recent marketing experience within a leadership role
- Event/Trade/Field Marketing Experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Current Expertise-level abilities with MS Office, and experience with Adobe Illustrator and MS Publisher a plus.
Compensation: $130,000-160,000, Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose. CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200