Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company, is seeking an Apparel & Accessories Director to lead a team for their growing company.
This is a remote / flexible / work from home position, but the candidate should be located in Denver, Colorado.
The Apparel & Accessories Director is responsible for driving non-medicated sales and gross margin in dispensaries. This position will take a proactive approach for managing product, price, promotion, and placement with partners across the retail, visual merchandising, and retail operations teams. Key responsibilities include developing vendor relationships and optimizing accessory & apparel ordering and fulfillment, along with determining the non-medicated assortment, managing pricing and promotions, and partnering with retail operations on in store merchandising opportunities. The Apparel & Accessories Director will oversee an order processing & fulfillment team, write purchase orders, and manage inventory. Other core tasks include understanding & evaluating market conditions, developing and executing seasonal product and promotional strategies and optimizing operations to improve each store.
- Partner with merchandising operations for item creation, maintenance, purchase orders and receiving
- Leverage market data and insights to develop a market based assortment strategy that will deliver total non-medicated sales and margin objectives
- Be the expert on the market, the customer and the competition in the accessory and apparel categories
- Identify product trends using a mixture of qualitative and quantitative analysis; partner with key 3P vendors on opportunities to improve sales and operations
- Develop, communicate, and execute seasonal department strategies for existing stores as well as new store openings
- Develop and manage promotional plans to deliver sales and margin goals, including “attach” goals (the # of transactions that will include an accessory or apparel item)
- Build strong supplier partnerships that deliver on joint business plans and goals
- Partner cross functionally within PharmaCann to ensure coordination and execution of merchandising and promotional plans
- Communicate complex ideas and concepts clearly, concisely, and effectively to multiple audiences
Education and Required Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Merchandising
- Additional experience in Apparel and Accessories Buying a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Supply Chain, or related field. Relevant work experience considered in lieu of education
- Strong financial acumen & analytical skills with the ability to improve efficiencies and operations
- Previous experience in data warehouse systems and planning software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, & PowerPoint), advanced Excel skills
- Experience in Microsoft NAV / D365, LeafTrade, LeafLink and tracking systems (metrc, biotrack, MJ Freeway) is preferred
- Experience in the cannabis industry
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200