Our client, a world-class, multi state cannabis company is seeking a Contract Director of Retail in Michigan. The Director of Retail will ensure that the center operations follow State Regulations and internally approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). The Director collaborates with the leadership team to develop, document, and implement practices, policies, and strategies that support a performance and results-driven culture.
- Lead the retail store workforce management team to drive efficiencies in store scheduling, payroll forecasting, reporting and administration of incentive programs.
- Develop and lead the retail operations team, with responsibility for defining team strategy and project plans to execute initiatives.
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to analyze store incentive programs to recommend changes that will drive top-line growth and/or expense savings.
- Primary liaison between the executive management team and store leaders to ensure that all information is communicated in a timely, consistent, and brand-appropriate manner.
- Drive operational excellence in stores by creating consistent and efficient back-of-house standards across the entire store fleet.
- Collaborate with Construction and other departments to open new store operations throughout the state.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to refine omnichannel strategies to continuously deliver a seamless end-to-end customer experience that spans both online and stores.
- Oversee all store managers until new store expansion requires additional regional leadership.
- Stay informed of new technology and cannabis industry initiatives to drive innovation and efficiency within stores.
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to manage store expenses and drive cost savings.
- Establish the rules to ensure that clear expectations are set and agreed upon between business units while fostering collaborative working relationships with retail operations to drive business growth, strategic initiatives, and global operational standards.
- Partner with the Human Resources department to support training tools and new hire onboarding process to enhance customer experience and increase store productivity.
Education & Required Skills:
- Multi-unit Cannabis Dispensary management preferred
- 10+ years of retail multi-unit store management
- Collaborative team player who can both nurture and develop retail management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and develop achievable long-term goals
- Proven leadership ability, as well as strength in building internal partnerships
- Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail systems, merchandising, customer service, and store budget preparation
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
Compensation: $73/hour for a 3-month contract
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200