Our client, a vertically-integrated cannabis holdings company with operations in multiple states is seeking a Director of Retail Marketing and Sales. This role will provide leadership and direction for the all 10 states regarding retail marketing and stragties. The ideal candidate will be a SME in Cannabis Retail Marketing with experience in Multi-State growth and development.
Through partnership with all state GMs and team members, the incumbent will develop and implement synergistic marketing strategies to ensure both the company's and retailers’ needs are met while maximizing product exposure and creating premium consumer experiences.
This person has the vision to guide the regional marketing initiatives through the unique complexities of the highly regulated, high growth, highly cultural cannabis industry. Also the ideal candidate can communicate and lead upwards, downwards, and laterally. He or she runs a result's driven team that takes consumer insight, brand and product strategy, retail, Digital, CRM and social media into account with a Consumer Product Goods focus.
This is an entirely remote position with 75% travel.
- Director of Retail Marketing is responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of comprehensive, multi-channel marketing strategies and programs that support business growth strategies
- Collaborate with leadership across the Retail and Wholesale Division, providing strategic counsel on best practices in creating effective marketing strategies. Develop regional and state level marketing strategies and execute national marketing plans that focus on traffic driving initiatives that deliver revenue results.
Lead a team of marketing professionals to execute national marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations to ensure all processes are being executed
- Develop and execute marketing plans for with objectives, strategies, and tactics to support market growth objectives driven by analytical insights
- Develop strategies and action plans for retail marketing including promotional events, partner collaborations and outreach initiatives
- Work with all states to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial culture
- Work cross functionally with retail, commercialization, and operations to build a differentiated product road map and deliver best in class marketing to launch and support those products
- Develop strong retail marketing plans that support regional revenue targets while also positioning the company as the leader in cannabis
- Maintain knowledge of the consumer, market, and trends in order to develop data backed business and consumer insights
- Identify opportunities in the marketplace through competitive insights, community engagements and strategic partnerships
- Partner cross-functionally with ops and retail to develop cohesive and connected plans tied to revenue
- Lead and inspire regional marketing teams to be best in class
Skill, Experience & Education
- 8+ years working in Marketing with a focus on execution, product introduction and commercialization, cross channel media strategy and execution
- Strategic mind-set, with deep experience in developing business strategies in complex and dynamic business environments
- 5+ years in consumer-packaged goods marketing
- Experience leading a team in a matrixed organization
- Experience contributing to the retail planning process
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong customer focus and relationship orientation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with analytics and strong business acumen
- Strong understanding of retail marketing
- Ability to quickly and effectively pivot priorities as needed
- Experience developing all aspects of marketing eco-system
- Proven mastery of product launch protocol
- Results-driver, with flexible demeanor with willingness to advance multiple discussions and workstreams in parallel
- Role requires regional and national travel
- Bachelor's degree
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
Compensation: $150,000 plus bonus and Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM300