Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company is seeking an experienced Dispensary General Manager in Massachusetts. Cannabis experience is required. This person will be responsible for maximizing sales and profitability by focusing on key business initiatives while minimizing loss and exposure to the company. The Dispensary Manager sets the tone for the identity, maintains the culture of the business, protects the brand, inspires the employees, and shows compassion for the customer.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and analyzes regional sales, product selection and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and adjust according to company goals
- Partners with leadership team to develop staffing and succession plans
- Trains store managers with best business practices
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and performance of store managers
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive towards managers
- Provides leadership to the assigned region and mentors all store level leadership teams
- Conducts compliance reviews in conjunction with the compliance team to ensure that stores are operating with appropriate rules and regulations
- Collaborates with store managers to develop sales goals for each location, monitors progress toward those goals, and develops strategies to attract and retain customers
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in the store region; designs and implements training, policies, goals, and other resources to maximize productivity and morale
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the SOPs and KPIs
- Assists with developing training modules and career paths for store-level positions
- Schedules and directs regular meetings and events to share information, set and revise goals, and to increase morale
- Collaborates with CEO and Executive Team to develop territories, sales quotas, and strategies
- Maintains knowledge of market, competition, and best practices and trends in sales techniques and strategies
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the selling floor and leading by example
- Monitor daily invoices, petty cash, and take necessary actions to effectively control costs and ensure efficient operation in dispensary
- Responsible for checking and verifying management and maintenance of each location
- Perform other duties assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or related field preferred
- Cannabis experience required
- Supervising Experience: 4-5 years preferred
- Multi Property Management a plus
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and multitask efficiently.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a passion for our products.
- Proven track record of success, leading a team within a high-volume retail environment.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Ability to use POS system and its inventory management functions.
- Must have working knowledge of Medical and/or Recreational Cannabis in a retail setting is an asset.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local Laws and Regulations pertaining to Medical and Recreational Cannabis preferred.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.