Our client, a San Diego cannabis brand, is seeking an experienced Purchasing Specialist for their rapidly expanding operations. The Purchasing Specialist will report to the General Manager and Head of Purchasing and will be responsible for all purchasing needs, inventory tracking, and cost management strategy.
The successful candidate will manage all inventory and purchasing using a cost-effective approach to drive the company's success in revenue goals. This position will be accountable for remaining within the parameters of buying needs and profit margins. The candidates must have proven purchasing experience, strong marketing acumen and cannabis experience is preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage inventory including cycle SKUs as defined by the Head of Purchasing
- Responsible for inventory cost management and remaining within parameters of profit margins
- Manage purchase orders, product transfers, oversee shipping schedules, and maintain purchase records
- Monitor METRC to confirm daily arrivals, update lead times, and calculate safety stock levels
- Maintain ongoing communication with vendor representatives regarding the current status of goods and escalating problematic situations with vendors
- Follow specific processes for the balancing and final reduction of stock on end-of-life product
- Perform vendor research and selection to enhance profitability, reducing operating costs and boosting efficiency
- Implement a directive approach to effectively manage the supply chain
- A minimum of 2+ years' experience in a supervisory or management role in a retail setting, specifically with POS business operations, inventory control systems, and strong retail business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Cannabis industry experience is preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to cold-call vendors
- Must have the ability to multitask proficiently and efficiently follow multiple directives
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and open to change and growth
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point with the ability to adapt to internal systems, tools, and programs
Compensation: $50,000 – $65,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200