Our client, a leading Cannabis testing laboratory based in Southern California, is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager for their rapidly expanding operations.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the growth of the company’s laboratory testing business by executing the sales strategy, and must have proven sales leadership experience and success selling business to business for their services.
They will direct and manage all business development operations, including market competitiveness, sales strategy, and assist in driving lead generation through social media marketing initiatives. Honesty and ethics are paramount for this position.
To be considered, you must be a proven sales leader with the ability to work independently with little oversight, and have a superior track record, looking to take advantage of helping direct the expansion of an early stage, high-growth cannabis industry company looking to achieve it’s full market potential.
With an ability to analyze and drive success, this role will be directly responsible for delivering thought leadership and creative strategies to drive revenue production, team leadership and development, and sales execution.
The successful candidate will drive the company’s achievement of customer acquisition and continued success in revenue goals, acting as a role model for company culture and an ambassador for recruiting talent. This position will be working closely with the executives of the business to plan and execute their territory sales strategy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish key customer relationships with cannabis producers and manufacturers who require accurate and timely cannabis testing laboratory services.
- Travel as necessary within Southern California for in-person meetings with customers and prospects to develop key relationships.
- Work directly in the field on a regular and ongoing basis, and assist in developing effective marketing platforms such as social media and other online reputation sites to help drive referrals.
- Make recommendations for sales strategy within the Southern California territory in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Defines optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Design, implement and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes to establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Cannabis testing lab sales experience and an existing book of business is required for this position *
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5+ years in similar sales role within the cannabis industry.
- Experience creating and operating a pipeline management system.
- Recent sales and territory management experience in Southern California with existing book of business and cannabis industry contacts in the manufacturing, products and cultivation areas.
- Recent experience operating in an early stage company, with a demonstrated ability to wear multiple hats, respond to evolving demands and react to a constantly changing marketplace.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a strong executive presence.
- A strong motivator and leader and ability to create a team that lives the company’s values.
- Financial literacy at a level adequate to speak to the business needs of the industry.
- Direct, no-nonsense communication style that emphasizes transparency and integrity.
Compensation: $80-100K Base Salary Plus Commission and Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.