Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis leader in the state of Massachusetts, is seeking a Director of Sales to help build and manage a top performing wholesale sales team for the organization.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Sales will be part of the company’s strategic leadership structure and will guide the sales team in the wholesale distribution of the company’s cannabis products to dispensaries throughout the state.
This position requires a highly experienced sales professional with a history of leading sales teams representing top quality cannabis brands, with a focus on superior customer service and world class sales team leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and build team of regional and territory cannabis wholesale sales representatives
- Lead the sales of the company products to cannabis dispensaries throughout the state
- Build and execute sales plan and budget and set individual, regional, and statewide goals and objectives for the sales team
- Build and maintain a sales structure in order to manage and track sales, promotions, and expenses using a CRM
- Develop, plan & execute all promotion, merchandising and discount programs both online and offline
- Coordinate with marketing team to provide appropriate marketing material for the dispensary buyers
- Set up long-term sales relationships with both buyers & budtenders
- Attend and present the company’s brands at industry conferences and trade shows
- Be the champion of their brands, making sure the communication message is clear, on strategy, and consistent throughout the organization
- Plan, coordinate, and work with field marketing and operations to create and deliver consumer unique experiences
- Travel as necessary throughout the state to support the outside sales reps and ride along as necessary for training and guidance support
Education and Experience:
- Cannabis industry sales experience is required
- Experience building and leading a sales team in a high-growth environment within food & beverage, cannabis, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical industries or related industries
- A leader who can manage a team, but also can sell in and design programs with large scale accounts, regional partners, distribution partners and delivery services
- Self-starter who knows how to build out the sales team with strong experience designing and building promotional plans, incentives and merchandising display
- Experience supporting retail accounts with exceptional sales service and follow up – we want to partner and support our customers – not just sell them
- Ability to design sales and merchandising programs which regional managers, territory managers, and field marketing managers will execute
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal systems support
- Strong people skills including motivating others
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across functions to achieve buy-in and gain support for sales efforts
- Proactive approach to learning what our customers want and need and then helping us deliver products that fill those needs
- Sales leader who can execute
- Preference: Prior training in a larger CPG company (Pepsi, Coke, P&G, Clorox, etc.)
- Preference: Previous experience leading a sales team in a high growth entrepreneurial company
- Preference: Existing experience in building cannabis sales
Compensation: $100,000 – $120,000 Based on Experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM400