Our client, a leading premium producer of top quality products and multiple brands within the cannabis industry, is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for Maryland.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the management of the Territory Sales Representatives and Brand Ambassadors selling and distributing our client’s products to licensed dispensaries throughout Maryland.
The ideal candidate for this position will come with proven success selling business-to-business in the cannabis industry and is intimately familiar with the Maryland cannabis scene.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products/services.
- Hire, train and lead the Maryland sales team, while managing pipeline sales, growing key new account leads and closing dispensary sales within their territory.
- Build and own the reporting analytics projects that allow strategic insights into the performance of the sales organization, drive and monitor the organization, and enable the processes to scale with our growth.
- Set individual and regional sales and profitability objectives.
- Own coaching and performance monitoring of the sales team.
- Be the champion of the company's brands, making sure the communication message is clear, on strategy and consistent throughout the region.
- Travel required within the territory for in-person meetings with prospective companies, existing customers, and the sales team to develop key relationships.
- Attend and represent brands at industry conferences and trade shows as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of sales experience within the cannabis industry
- Proven experience utilizing a CRM to manage sales team tasks, pipeline, and closing opportunities.
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior leaders.
- Experience supporting large accounts with exceptional sales service and follow up – we want to partner and support our customers – not just sell them
- Existing book of business within Maryland
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams that consistently deliver and exceed revenue goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across functions to achieve buy-in and gain support for sales efforts
- Proactive approach to learning what our customers want and need and then helping us deliver products that fulfill those needs
Compensation: $75,000 – $90,000 base + commission