Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company in Scranton, PA is looking for a Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join their growing team. The Environmental Health & Safety Manager (EHSM) will serve as the primary health & safety point of contact for the field locations in the respective market and support management with addressing and ensuring all federal and local legislative compliance, develop and maintain SOPs pertaining to safety, develop an autonomous EHS culture, promote defined Health and Wellness programs, define EHS standard operating procedures, provide EHS training, develop risk identification and reduction awareness and methods, all achieved through participation and employee engagement.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required
- Develop and maintain KPIs for monitoring operational efficiency of manufacturing programs and for employees
- Hire, train and hold team members accountable to company health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Ensure compliance with cGMP regulations, local and state governing bodies, OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Masters degree desirable.
- Five years of related experience preferred, including cannabis
- This role does include some travel
- Extensive knowledge of food safety, security and GMP guidelines
- Previous commercial cannabis growing experience preferred
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must pass a drug and criminal background check
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Compensation: $80-90K annually
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
The benefit packages may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k). TEAM200