Our client, a premier cannabis company, is searching for an Accounts Payable Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist will have key oversight of accounts payable, invoices, discrepancies, and month end tasks. The ideal Accounts Payable Specialist will also be responsible for developing procedures for and enforcing accounts payable policies.
This is a hybrid role, with 2 days in office and the rest remote. We are looking for candidates in the Glendale, CA area.
- Full Cycle Accounts Payable – 2 different operating businesses in California
- Codes such items as invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Attaches support to all accounting entries
- Manages the general AP email account
- Performs assigned month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders or other approval to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Reviews and processes expense reports
- Provides weekly disbursements reports
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts payable process
- Provides daily cash reports
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Finance Department.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Strong analytical skills in basic accounting
- Detail oriented, accurate, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel)
Compensation: DOE $25 – $27 Hourly
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP200