Our client, an amazing, vertically integrated cannabis company with operations in multiple states, is seeking an Ohio Cannabis Compliance Manager to oversee and ensure compliance with all state and local ordinances, rules, and regulations with cultivation and processing. This is an onsite role and 2+ years of Cannabis compliance experience is required.
Amazing opportunity if you are looking for paid relocation to the area!
The Compliance Manager will work with various departments across the company to ensure the standard operating procedures incorporate the necessary compliance guidance and are being followed, keeping the company in compliance with all rules and regulations, with an eye towards ensuring that the most cost-effective and efficient compliant processes are in place.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with the Operational Staff, create SOP’s to ensure compliance with the various state regulations and business standards
- Assist the Director of Compliance to continue to enhance the comprehensive compliance program
- Create, evaluate, and improve sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Revise procedures, reports, etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Develop strong relationships within various regulatory agencies
- Draft, modify and implement company policies
- Coordinate efforts with State regulators to ensure interpretations of the State rules are accurate and pragmatic
- Assist in assessing the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks within their region
- Tracking and oversight of METRC for cultivation and processing while training key employees on using METRC.
- Oversee and ensure completion of the required package and label printing procedures for cultivation, processing, and finished goods.
- Audit inventory control forms in conjunction with METRC to identify discrepancies.
- Perform bi-weekly and monthly audits to ensure inventory is accurate and satisfies physical representation per state rules and regulations including OHSA.
- Provide input on standard operating procedures to ensure the inventory and tracking process is accurate.
- Keep up to date with all OAC administrative code 3796 including all supplemental guidance provided by the state.
- Provide proper inventory and waste log training for team and/or employees as needed
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Revising procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Lead the license renewal initiatives, and liaise with local and state regulators and ensure compliance is met
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in audit and or compliance, with at least 2 years of cannabis compliance experience
- Regulated Industry experience is required
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Analytical mindset
- High-level attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-driven with ability to work independently
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Audit background is preferable
- Experience working with regulators
- Experience writing manuals and or reports
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Compensation: $65-80K depending on experience, plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200