Our client, a successful vertically integrated multistate cannabis operator, is seeking a Controller in New Jersey.
The Controller oversees the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and SEC regulations. *Cannabis experience and CPA Preferred*
- Oversees all accounting and financial reporting functions, including the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes, financial statement preparation, technical accounting policies.
- Manages all aspects of the accounting function for the organization, including general accounting, financial reporting, accounts payable and receivables
- Experience with setting up 401K programs/Implementation is a HUGE plus
- Prepares timely and accurate consolidated financial statements and manages the cadence of financial reporting for our leadership team.
- Drives improvement of accounting operations efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including the development and execution of policies, processes, and systems.
- Inventory costing experience and expertise is a MUST
- Training, mentoring, and development of a high-performing team.
- Manages the accounting systems to ensure the proper automation, audibility, and controls on the underlying data and records.
- Participates in M&A activities such as due diligence, Purchase Accounting, and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Collaborates closely with FP&A on developing processes for forecasting and management reporting needs.
- Represents Accounting in projects that span multiple departments.
- Seven 5 or more years of accounting experience
- Public company accounting experience in a supervisory capacity
- CPA license preferred
- Cannabis experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC reporting
- Experience in manufacturing is preferred
- Experience working with external auditors
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong ability to simplify complex financial information and problems in a way that can be communicated, understood, and embraced for decision-making.
- Proven track record of collaboration and building of positive relationships with other teams across the organization to effectively make recommendations, implement processes & policies, and minimize risk.
Compensation: $120,000 – $140,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.