Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company based in California is seeking a Manufacturing Controller to join their team. The Manufacturing Controller will focus on cost accounting, inventory valuation, planning, and coordinating plant budget and business planning activities in alignment with corporate policies and practices. This is a remote opportunity based in Los Angeles but will require some travel throughout the state.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop Bill of Materials and Routers.
- Audit Inventory actuals to MJ freeway our system of record
- Review and improve SOP’s for inventory counts
- Collaborate with Plant management to create KPI’s and KPI reporting tools
- Maintain and improve financial model to value inventory, monthly, quarterly and Annually.
- Support monthly close, quarterly forecast, annual budget, and long-range plan processes; include continuously refine spend forecast and provide information to help make informed decision and recommendations
- Collaborate with cultivation and manufacturing to create cost improvements and production efficiencies
- Work with Supply Chain/ Purchasing in pursuit of reducing material Costs
- Help to identify strain specific variances from the plan and work with operations to correct
- Provide analysis of Monthly cost variances
- Support collections and analysis
- Support Corporate Finance in relationship to plant expansion and Fixed Asset acquisitions
- Assist with any other duties as assigned
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Must have Manufacturing Accounting Experience and Agriculture would be a plus.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Cost accounting experience
- High degree of accuracy with numerical transactions and to meet critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, superior organizational skills, strong communication skills
- Ability to act independently and prioritize responsibilities and tasks
Compensation: $160,000 Plus Bonus and Health Insurance
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100