Our client, a vertically integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and retail facilities is looking for a Director of National Dispensary Compliance to work in the downtown Chicago, IL office.
This role will oversee a high volume of retail facilities and work alongside various operations team to ensure compliance.Must have experience in cannabis compliance.
- Helps prepare for facility inspections, government regulatory investigations, and external audits.
- Reviews government investigation findings and assists with preparing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Drafts official communications and assists with responses to government agencies and other regulatory bodies.
- Creates and implements standard operating procedures, internal processes, and compliance training for retail dispensaries.
- Partners with retail operational leads at dispensary facilities across the nation to ensure compliant procedures are followed.
- Ensures appropriate tracking and tracing of inventory and waste through various seed-to-sale software programs (MJ Freeway, BioTrack, METRC).
- Develops internal audit procedures for all business entities in various states and localities.
- Conducts regular, internal audits of facility operations and prepares written reports to senior management.
- Assists with remedial action to address gaps in facility operational compliance and mitigate future risks.
- Provides regulatory guidance for marketing and advertising materials in operating states and localities.
- Partners with operational leads to ensure recordkeeping and security requirements are met at every facility.
- Monitors changes to cannabis laws, regulations, and industry guidance in various states and municipalities.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 years in a cannabis compliance leadership role
- 4-6 years’ experience as a regulatory compliance leader in a highly regulated industry required
- Experience overseeing multiple facilities/state markets in cannabis retail operations is a must
- Experience with implementing and using MJ Freeway, BioTrack, METRC preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Legal or another related field is required.
COMPENSATION: $100,000 – $120,000 with benefits plus bonus
TRAVEL 50% of the time
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200